What’s the perfect way to welcome a newborn into the world? Well, it is to wrap them with an adorable stretchable jumpsuit, a pair of soft socks and snug them to cuteness. We love to provide them with all these cute onesies to make their first day very special. Yet, practically speaking, are newborn clothes really necessary?
The answer is definitely yes! All our newborn clothes provide our little ones with the heat that their bodies need. At the same time, it makes them safe from any scars they might get from whatever comes close to their sensitive and delicate skin. It also gives our babies comfort to have a clean cloth wrapped around them.
Why Newborn Clothes Are Necessary
Providing safety and comfort to our baby by dressing them up is one of our ultimate responsibilities. To give us a broader understanding, here are the things you need to know why newborn clothes are necessary:
What Kind Of Clothes Do You Need For A Newborn
Infant clothes make up a variety of types. Our market also provides us with a lot of different choices that make things even harder to choose. As moms, we always go extra miles to see that we have chosen the right kind of clothes for our babies. To guide us, below is the list of essential must-haves:
How To Choose Baby Clothes
Sometimes we choose clothes that are a little too much. They may be exaggerated or overstyled that sometimes compromise our baby’s comfort. In choosing baby clothes, these are the things that you must consider:
Best Fabric/Material For Our Newborn Clothes
We should be very meticulous in finding out the best clothes for them. There are lots of factors that we should consider in choosing what type of clothes we should let our newborns wear. Safety and comfort are our top priorities. Hence, we have provided a list of the best material for our newborn clothes:
“As new moms, we always refer to the elders when it comes with our concerns to our babies. A lot of elders recommend the use of old or hand-me-down newborn clothes instead of buying a new one. Is that the best for our babies?”
Old Hand-Me-Down Newborn Clothes Or Brand New Ones?
We always refer to elder moms when we seek advice on what’s best for our babies. Who’s the closest we ask? Well, our moms, and we sometimes believe whatever they say. It is because she’s the one who brought us and raised us into this world! My mom always recommends using old hand-me-down clothes instead of buying a new one. Is that merely a superstition or are there better facts behind it? To answer that, here are the advantages and disadvantages of using hand-me-down clothes:
- 1They have been tried and tested. Old hand-me-down clothes deemed to be softer in texture. As it has been used several times already, the scratch and roughness that new clothes have are no longer present. Also, brand-new clothes have chemicals in them from dye and other treatments, hand-me-down clothes have already eliminated these chemicals for being washed several times. Hence, using old hand-me-down clothes is best for baby’s sensitive skin.
- 2It’s economical. Our kids grow pretty quickly, and they might outgrow the new clothes that we buy. Since newborn clothes are costly, using old clothes is very helpful for our savings.
- 3It saves your baby from an unnecessary allergy. The newborn clothes in the market might be very exposed to all types of bacteria and viruses. Just by getting old ones from our trusted moms, we have already saved our babies from possible allergies that they might get.
- 1It might cause a possible infestation. Soliciting old clothes from friends might have a possible infestation of worms and bugs.
- 2Stain and smell do not wash off easily. It will take you so much time to wash to take off the stain and odor as it might be in stocks for so long. You might as well do the washing several times.
- 3It might not look that good as the new one. Old clothes seem to be off the top when you are concerned with how your baby looks in clothes. Some pure white might appear already to be yellowish.